Melaka on course to hit 20m tourist arrivals target

MELAKA (Aug 25): The Melaka government is confident of hitting its target of 20 million tourist arrivals for this year in conjunction with Visit Melaka Year 2019 as it has received about 18 million visitors until the third quarter.

“We still have five months to reach this target but we have already achieved a success by surpassing last year’s figure of 17 million tourist arrivals,” said State Tourism, Heritage and Culture Committee chairman Datuk Muhamad Jailani Khamis.

“We will promote tourism in Melaka more aggressively in line with the Visit Malaysia Year 2020 campaign which targets 30 million tourists next year,” he told reporters after opening the Melaka Food Festival 2019 and state-level Visit Truly Asia Malaysia 2020 at Jalan Kota, Banda Hilir here today.

Muhamad Jailani said Melaka tourism promotion missions would be held in Chengdo and Beijing in China, Macau, Japan, London and Germany.

On the food festival, he said it was part of the Visit Melaka Year 2019 and Visit Malaysia Year 2020 campaigns.

“There are 57 stalls including nine food trucks under various segments — Taste of Melaka, Melaka Viral Food Festival, Melaka Handicraft Food Festival, Melaka Food Truck Festival and Melaka Vendor Festival — at the two-day programme from 9 am to 5 pm,” he said.

Kongsikan Sekiranya Bermanfaat...
BACA JUGA:  PM: MACC Act to have provision to show real beneficial owners in companies

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *