IPOH (Aug 14): Police today denied allegations that the interstate route from Jalan Gerik-Kupang, Gerik to Baling district in Kedah had been closed following the detection of the Covid-19 Tawar cluster in Kedah yesterday.
Gerik district police chief Supt Zulkifli Mahmood said the police did not close the Perak-Kedah entry point, and the photograph that went viral was on an integrated operation carried out by the police yesterday.
“The operation is only held at certain times, and it is to check traffic offences and the like.
“Police are also tracking down individuals who spread this fake news, and the public are reminded not to share such news as they can be charged under the Communications and Multimedia Act 1988,” he said when contacted by Bernama here today.
Those who wish to verify information can contact the Gerik district police headquarters operations room at (05) 791 1222.
EdgeProp Malaysia Virtual Property Expo 2020 (VPEX 2020) is happening now! Find out more exclusive projects and exciting deals here
Stay safe. Keep updated on the latest news at www.EdgeProp.my